come back to Véronique Thomas-Vaslin web page
Understanding the immune system as a complex ecosystem, in dynamic perception and cognition of molecular and cell perturbations in changing context requires systems immunology. Approaches focus on lymphocyte population dynamics, differentiation, diversity, selection of repertoires, studying the physiology of the immune system from development to aging, and the control of immune responses and immunological memory, in health and diseases. We have developed animal models associated to multi-parameter and multi-level approaches to investigate the immune system and responses to perturbations, as well as mathematical and computer modelling to help in the interpretation of the multi-scale data. We considered the analysis of T lymphocytes phenome, repertome, cell cycle, through aging and genetic variation, for statistics and mechanical reconstruction of lymphocyte dynamics, from their generation and selection in the thymus to the control of immune responses. Systems biology and systems immunology contribute to the design of experimental methods and modeling to deconstruct and reconstruct lymphocyte dynamics and repertoires and application to vaccinomics.
Links to Publications
- Bellier, B., V. Thomas-Vaslin, M. F. Saron and D. Klatzmann (2003). “Turning immunological memory into amnesia by depletion of dividing T cells.” Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100(25): 15017-15022.
- Lavelle, C., H. Berry, G. Beslon, F. Ginelli, J. Giavitto, Z. Kapoula, A. Le Bivic, N. Peyrieras, O. Radulescu, A. Six, V. Thomas-Vaslin and P. Bourgine (2008). “From molecules to organisms: towards multiscale integrated models of biological systems.” Theoretical Biology Insights 1: 13-22.
- Thomas-Vaslin, V., Altes, H. K., de Boer, R. J., and Klatzmann, D. (2008). Comprehensive assessment and mathematical modeling of T cell population dynamics and homeostasis+ suppl.pdf J Immunol 180, 2240-2250.
- McEwan, H. Bersini, D. Klatzmann, V. Thomas-Vaslin, A. Six. A computational technique to scale mathematical models towards complex heterogeneous systems (2011), COSMOS 2011 Conference Proceeding of the 2011workshop on complex systems modeling and simulation Luniver press. IBSN 978-1-905986-32-3
- Six, A., B. Bellier, V. Thomas-Vaslin and D. Klatzmann (2012). “Systems biology in vaccine design.” Microb Biotechnol 5(2): 295-304.
- Bersini, H., D. Klatzmann, A. Six and V. Thomas-Vaslin (2012). “State-Transition Diagrams for Biologists.“ PloS one 7 (7), e41165.
- Thomas-Vaslin, V., A. Six, H. P. Pham, C. Dansokho, W. Chaara, B. Gouritin, B. Bellier and D. Klatzmann (2011). Immunodepression & Immunosuppression in aging mice Immunosuppression. M. B. Portela. Brazil, InTech open acces publisher.
- Thomas-Vaslin, V., A. Six, B. Bellier and D. Klatzmann (2013). Lymphocyte Dynamics and Repertoires, Biological Methods. Encyclopedia of Systems Biology. W. Dubitzky, O. Wolkenhauer, K.-H. Cho and H. Yokota, Springer New York: 1145-1149
- Thomas-Vaslin, V., A. Six, B. Bellier and D. Klatzmann (2013). Lymphocytes dynamics repertoires, modeling. Encyclopedia of Systems Biology. W. O. Dubitzky W, Springer, Heidelberg NewYork.
- Thomas-Vaslin, V., A. Six, J. G. Ganascia and H. Bersini (2013). “Dynamical and mechanistic reconstructive approaches of T lymphocyte dynamics:Using visual modelling languages to bridge the gap between immunologists, theoreticians and programmers.” Frontiers in Immunology
- THOMAS-VASLIN, V. (2014). “A complex immunological idiotypic network for maintenance of tolerance.” Frontiers in Immunology 5
- Thomas-Vaslin V. (2014) Understanding and Modelling the Complexity of the Immune System: Systems Biology for Integration and Dynamical Reconstruction of Lymphocyte Multi-Scale Dynamics. Virtual Physiological Human Conference, Sep 2014, Trondheim, Norway. hal-02922132
- Vibert, J. and V. Thomas-Vaslin (2017). “Modelling T Cell Proliferation: Dynamics Heterogeneity, Depending on Cell Differentiation, age, and genetic background 13 (3): e1005417.PLoS Computational Biology summary
- THOMAS-VASLIN, V. (2017). Understanding and modeling the complexity of the immune system. First Complex Systems Digital Campus World E-Conference 2015, Tempe, United States, Springer.
- Thomas-Vaslin V. (2020) Individuation and the organization in complex living ecosystem: recursive integration and self-assertion by holon-lymphocytes Acta Biotheoretica read the published paper
Micro / Macro-Ecosystems Integration
Modélisation intégrée de l’écosystème immunitaire
Come back to Véronique Thomas-Vaslin web page